Local car enthusiasts are coming together to help a family out during a tough time in their life.

On Saturday, January 20th, a fire broke out and burned down an entire family's home in Pettus, TX, leaving nothing and taking everything. The home was held together with a family of three, including Gabriella Buentello, her three-year-old daughter, and her grandmother. The fire comes weeks after Christmas and days before Gabriella gave birth to her second baby girl. The fire stripped the family of all their necessities.

The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical. According to one source, the family wasn't home at the time of the fire. After reaching out to one of the people organizing the benefit, Colton Eichler expressed his concern for the family and explained how devastating a situation they are in, saying, "They came home to no home, which is rough."

The benefit will be called 'Show and Shine.' Participants will ride in and line up and show off their ride. Many local car clubs and businesses will be attending. People will be able to walk around and enjoy looking at various types of vehicles; from imports to domestics to antiques and lowriders, there will be various styles to admire.

 

 

 

There is a fee of $5 for each car that is entered into the car show to help raise money. There is no entrance fee to attend the benefits and car show, but donations are definitely welcomed.

The benefit and car show will be held Saturday, January 30th, from 12-5 pm at Faith Family Church.

There will be an area to drop off donations at the benefit. People are welcome to bring cash donations, gift cards, or any items the family may need. Items for the family can be found on their Facebook fundraiser page. Some needed items include Diapers, wipes, newborn medicine, 4T clothing for three-year-old, and personal hygiene products.

The family has set up a Facebook fundraising page where donations can be made online and can be accessed HERE.
If you plan on swinging by the benefit and checking out all the cool cars, please make sure to wear your mask. The City of Victoria has expressed the seriousness of enforcement of safety and will shut down the benefit if conditions become unsafe for the public.

Enter your number to get our free mobile app

The 100 Best Places to Live in the Midwest