Victoria’s Super 8 Motel Evacuated After Early Morning Fire
Overnight guests at Victoria's Super 8 Motel woke up to an hour-long evacuation Thursday morning as fire fighters extinguished flames that started in a commercial laundry dryer, said Battalion Chief Roger Hempel.
Victoria Fire Department responded to the call about 1:20 a.m. at 8001 Northeast Zac Lentz Parkway and cleared the scene about 3:30 a.m.
The flames were put out within five minutes, but ventilating the motel and cleaning up water from the sprinkler system took about an hour, Hempel said.
The damage was contained to the dryer....
That's a wake-up call you don't wanna get.