The Top 10 Strangest Names at the Olympics
OK…So you’ve seen my blog about the top sexual innuendos at the Olympics this year (Part 2 of that list will be out after the closing ceremony on Sunday) but now, bask in the glory of this odd list of the top 10 strangest names at the Olympics….and trust me, some of these are pretty damn funny.
10. Butts Leon – (Thailand, Equestrian) – OK granted this is the name of the horse being ridden in the Equestrian events I still thought it was note worthy….rich people have entirely too much time on their hands…and money.
9. Hulk – (Brazil, Soccer) – No seriously, this guy’s name is Hulk. No last name, just Hulk. I wonder what his vocabulary skills are like.
8. Yu Du – (China, Shooting) – I do what?
7. Gavin Smelly – (Canada, Track & Field) – Can’t wait to be in the same locker room with him…hopefully it’s just a name.
6. Yoo Suk Kim – (South Korea, Pole Vault) – Anyone else find it odd that his name is Yoo Suk and he handles a pole? Yeah me neither.
5. Liam Tancock – (Great Britain, Swimming) – Usually, English sir names reflect the trade they were involved in. If that’s the case here….I don’t wanna know.
4. Karen Cockburn – (Canada, Trampoline) – What happens when the Tancock’s are terrible at their jobs.
3. Victoria Poon – (Canada, Swimmer) – I think this is pretty self-explanatory don’t you?
2. Destinee Hooker – (USA, Volleyball) – Her parents named her Destinee Hooker…apparently they were wrong.
1. Dong Dong – (China, Gymnastics) – Unfortunately, not the Chinese version of those delicious round creme filled hockey pucks from Hostess. Wait, did I just use Dong and creme filled in the same sentence? I think this list is done now.