Texas Man Dies After Swimming With New Tattoo
Listen to your tattoo artists people! They know what they're talking about!
A Dallas man died recently after swimming in the Gulf of Mexico shortly after getting a new tattoo on his leg.
While swimming, the bacteria vibrio vulnificus entered his body through the open skin. This particular bacteria has high levels in the Gulf of Mexico during the summer months. Three days after he went swimming, he was admitted to the Parkland Memorial Hospital for severe pain in his leg.
Infection had set in and blisters were starting to form at an alarming rate as well as the discoloring of his leg. He died shortly after.