Texas Among Most Dishonest Places in USA
The least honest place in America shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise, but it’s still disheartening.
Washington, DC – home of the president and countless politicians who preach integrity – has been named the least honest city or state in the country for the second year in a row.
The dubious discovery comes after Honest Tea pulled a stunt to figure out just how, well, honest people all over the country are. The company set up an unmanned booth holding bottles of its drinks, along with a sign asking people to use the honor system by leaving a dollar for every bottle they took.
In Washington, 80% paid, making it the worst of all locations. The national average was 92%. Alabama and Hawaii proved that honesty is indeed the best policy – 100% of the public paid for their drinks.
1. Washington, DC – 80%
2. West Virginia – 85%
3. (tie) Texas and Kentucky – 87%
5. (tie) Utah and Delaware – 88%
7. (tie) Maryland and Connecticut – 89%
9. (tie) South Dakota, North Carolina, New Mexico, Kansas and Idaho – 90%
1. (tie) Alabama and Hawaii – 100%
3. (tie) Indiana and Maine – 99%
5. (tie) Iowa, Nevada, Oklahoma and Tennessee – 98%
8. (tie) Alaska, Arkansas, California, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon and Washington - 96%